Senior Project Manager
Hudson, OH 44236 US
This position requires a B.S. Degree in a related discipline and a minimum of 10+ years’ experience in scoping, costing and execution of small & large-scale site investigation and remediation and/or construction projects. The client and regulatory communications and management & leadership of a local team associated with a portfolio of local/regional work are added requirements. Entrepreneurial and strategic vision and associated actions to develop and support a sustainable business plan is a plus. The primary focus of this position’s duties and responsibilities is on the technical aspects of diverse environmental projects, primarily in the areas of site investigation, soil and/or groundwater remediation and other environmental service activities. This individual provides senior project support activities, including work plan and proposal preparation, project scheduling and deadline tracking, budget evaluation and analysis, and technical editing and report finalization, including a field presence. The position often requires management of project/site assigned staff. Under limited supervision, the Sr. Environmental Project Manager plans, executes, supervises, and documents field aspects of highly complex environmental remediation, and construction activities to include but not limited to all aspects of contaminated soil and groundwater treatment. Mastery knowledge of applicable standard operating procedures (SOPs) related to all field activities and relevant regulatory programs (Ohio EPA, DERR, ODNR, BUSTR, VAP, RCRA, etc.). The individual in this position must be a multi-tasked, detail-oriented team player, and possess excellent skills in verbal and written communications, time management, organizational management, problem solving, decision making, and leadership. OH EPA VAP Certified Professional status is a plus along with experience related to Ohio Brownfields, Orphan Well Program, etc. This position will also require supporting client retainage and development including preparation and presentation of technical information to support existing and new project pursuits, professional development and marketplace outreach with professional organizations such as OOGA, NGWA, and other like professional organizations.
Skills & Requirements:
Position requires mentoring and developing both professional and technical staff. Managerial skills are required.
· Periodically reviews field notes for clarity, consistency, and detail in accordance with our client’s SOP’s and communicate with the department manager to ensure timely turnaround of all field notes to the appropriate project and office staff.
· Develop relationships with clients, subcontractors, and vendors and assists with LPS/HSSE stewardship activities. Provides team mentality, communicates and interacts well with other staff, subcontractors, clients, regulatory agents, or other personnel while in the field and office.
· Must complete annual refresher OSHA HAZWOPER training, and be able to wear required PPE.
· Must maintain a valid drivers’ license and acceptable record.
· Interacts with other project support services (technical services, professional, engineering, administrative) and subcontractors to ensure all resources are in place for proper fieldwork execution. · Acts as the primary author for site work plans, proposals, and reports for highly complex scopes of work, including emergency response activities, and remedial actions.
· Responsibilities may include preparing project status updates, and ensuring compliance with applicable regulations. Other duties may include evaluating budgets vs. plans, analyzing cost control efficiencies, reviewing and coding of direct project expenses, and reviewing pre-bills and invoices.
· Manages procurement of subcontractors and vendors for completion of project tasks, including subcontractor/vendor bid package development.
· Manages the proper management of project waste materials, including classification, handling, and vendor coordination and applies expert knowledge of pertinent construction permitting.
· Adheres to client contract specifications in all field-related activities and informs project group of those specifications.
· Works in environment that may require lifting up to 40 lbs (basic environmental equipment, sample coolers, etc.)
· Performs work year-round in all types of weather, and may require travel in pickup truck or other company vehicle.
· Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Our comprehensive benefits include: medical, dental, vision, prescription card, 401k, FSA, LTD, STD, New Parent Leave, 529 CollegeBound Fund, Tuition Assistance, Bonus Plan, and more.
Our client believes that diversity and inclusion among their staff is critical to their success, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. They are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.