9785 Maroon Circle Centennial, CO 80112 US
The Senior Purchaser is responsible for leading procurement processes, identifying and screening suppliers, negotiating terms and conditions, driving improved supplier service levels, improving business results and standardizing procurement best practice processes.
- Execute and direct specific procurement plans and programs, to reduce costs to meet schedule requirements and ensure quality.
- Directs the preparation of procurement documents and agreements.
- Directs commercial bid evaluations of supplier proposals and coordinate technical evaluations and recommendations.
- Manages supplier submittals to facilitate the execution of agreements.
- Evaluate and negotiate the procurement of equipment, materials, and subcontracts as assigned.
- Lead in the proposal and selection process and facilitate pre-bid meetings.
- Evaluate suppliers' overall performance and recommend and implement process enhancements.
- Review purchase order documents, procurement status reports and expediting reports for submission.
- Submit comprehensive and complete procurement packages to the engineering group.
- Present Project Procurement Status and Material Status Reports.
- Provide leadership, guidance and instruction to the less experienced purchasers. Mentor and guide less experienced staff.
- Participate in recruitment and development of staff.
- Provide performance feedback to managers about staff performance.
- Responsible for QA/QC process adherence.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must come from EPC
- Sub-Contract Experience
- Leader and a Doer
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Construction, Law or related field. Applicable experience may be substitued for degree requirement.
- A minimum of 8 years direct purchasing experience, project procurement, project field procurement, materials management, or EPC procurement experience.
- C.P.M. or CPSM certification preferred.
- Procurement, contract administration, and claims management experience required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, proven analytical and problem-solving skills and proven effective ability to negotiate.
- Capable of applying intensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices to broad areas of assignments.
- Experience in devising new approaches to purchasing problems encountered.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Oracle Financial R12 software experience preferred.
- Expert knowledge of terms and conditions related to procurement of engineered equipment.
- Expert understanding of logistics, freight, and tax implications.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.