Senior Solid Waste Engineer/Project Manager
Reisterstown, MD 21136 US
We are looking for a senior solid waste engineer and project manager to join our client's collaborative engineering consulting group that delivers solutions for their public works and private clients through all phases of a project lifecycle: planning, engineering evaluation and design, permitting, construction-phase services, and program and operations support.
What You Will Do
The senior solid waste engineer and project manager will consult with clients and other team members to:
- Develop plans for meeting program and project goals.
- Manage and perform engineering design tasks.
- Perform engineering calculations and evaluations.
- Prepare reports.
- Perform alternatives analyses.
- Develop engineering plans and specifications; and
- Provide guidance for projects under construction.
This senior solid waste engineer and project manager will be tailored to a specific candidate’s experience and personal interest and is best suited for an individual that is excited to develop experience across a range of managerial and technical skills.
What You Need
- Professional Engineer (P.E.), or Engineer-in-Training working towards a P.E.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in civil or environmental engineering or a related field.
- 10 or more years of environmental infrastructure design experience, with a solid waste/landfill/organics facilities focus.
- Solid waste project management and/or client management experience.
- Construction management experience preferred.
What We Provide
This position provides an opportunity to work on projects focused on:
- Solid waste and organics management
- Feasibility studies and alternatives analyses
- Landfill expansion and cell and closure design and permitting
- Solid waste facility design and permitting
- Organics processing facility design and permitting
- Operational support and construction oversight
What We Offer
- 401k with Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Competitive Salary
- Low deductible health coverage for you and your family through Medical, Dental and Vision plans
- Generous paid-time-off policy
- Paid volunteer time
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional Development
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee wellness program
Our Client is a 100% employee owned, public benefit corporation that provides environmental, compliance, natural resources, and infrastructure engineering and management solutions to a wide range of government and industrial clients.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.