Senior Transmission Line Designer
1700 West Loop South, Suite 1500 Houston, TX 77027 US
A Senior Transmission Designer will lead various phases of planning, proposal preparation, site evaluations, analytical designs, report preparation, specifications, and preparation of construction documentation and transmission plans as part of a project team. This position will lead various projects with a diverse portfolio of project types and clients. Lead various transmission project designs including site design, land development, utility design, sediment and erosion control and design.
- Lead drawing production work including problem analysis, design layout and calculations on non-routine assignments of substantial variety and complexity.
- Lead a variety of assignments using prescribed methods and standard techniques including drawing sequence and presentation, sizing various components and refining rough sketches.
- Lead the quality review of designs or sketches and mark-ups on ongoing projects.
- Present reports, maps, drawings, tests, and other topographical and geologic data to plan design projects.
- Interpret design codes and specifications related to design requirements.
- Lead design drawings within scope, budget and schedule.
- Quality review drawings and volume calculations for excavation, dredging, and upland site grading.
- Incorporate and approve schedules, budgets and project criteria into civil transmission design and layouts for project financial goals.
- Organize and maintain all revisions of project drawings, plot files and project-related information in a logical and well-structured manner.
- Train, mentor, and develop staff members.
- Participate in marketing and client development meetings.
- Responsible for the transmission design QA/QC process.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in drafting technology or related field and thirteen years related experience or associate's degree and fourteen years related experience or fifteen years progressive detailing and design experience. Field experience is desirable.
- Advance understanding of design software such as: AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MicroStation, and Excel to develop the design deliverables.
- Advance knowledge in design, calculations and design systems.
- Advance knowledge in the theory and practices of civil discipline; competent in the fundamental concepts of other disciplines as they relate to the assigned discipline; and capable of operating related discipline design software necessary to execute production tasks.
- Work collaboratively with others (Project Managers, Engineers and Designers) in a multi-discipline project team environment to resolve design or drawing issues as appropriate and to accomplish objectives.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, and attention to detail.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.