Service Technician - Electro-Mechanical
3455 Airframe Dr North Charleston, SC 29418 US
- Skilled in mechanical equipment maintenance, and technical troubleshooting skills.
- PLC troubleshooting/maintenance experience with strong electrical & mechanical aptitude
- Knowledge of basic safety requirements with hand and power tools, lift equipment and ladders.
- Attention to detail, flexible in demeanor, listens to supervision, desiring to grow in job knowledge and productivity.
- Working in an industrial environment.
- Follows safe work practices and policies.
- Safe driving rules and practices for forklift and man-lift operations.
- Knowledge of basic shop arithmetic and knowledge of the metric system.
- Basic MS Windows-based PC operation and MS Office program use.
- Basic electrical circuit troubleshooting and repair.
- Basic PLC troubleshooting experience would be helpful.
Desirable Experience (not required)
- CNC/Machine tool troubleshooting experience
- Familiarity with Siemens S7 Controls
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing maintenance requirements on the Automated Fuselage Equipment and related support equipment; following operations manuals, manufacturer' s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical and electrical assemblies in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring equipment and test fixture.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling assemblies using hand and power tools, hoists and cranes; examining form and fit of parts.
- Adjusts functional parts of tooling and equipment, using hand tools to written specifications in the OEM documentation.
- Controls downtime by performing routine preventive maintenance on equipment following written procedures complying with OEM standards.
- Maintains equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt through the Maximo asset management system.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs through inter-shift pass downs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- 401(k) company match
- 100% paid healthcare coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Disability plan & group life insurance program
- Three weeks Paid Time Off (PTO) plus ten paid holidays
Job Type: Full-time
High school or equivalent
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.