Sr Biologist | Project Manager
Oakland, CA 94501 US
Our Client is seeking a Sr. Biologist/Ecologist with experience in project management and environmental compliance. This position is based in Oakland and would support a variety of projects throughout northern California.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Work closely with clients and internal staff on complex projects involving biological resource protection, species surveys, permitting, mitigation, and/or restoration.
- Act as Project Manager on multiple projects, including responsible and timely management of budget, project tasks, schedules, and project teams.
- Utilize a background in biology to inform the preparation of, and provide senior review of, technical memorandums, biological permitting documents, and other technical reports.
- Contribute as an active and positive member of AECOM’s Environmental practice in the SF Bay Area.
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to junior and mid-level staff as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Ecology, or a related field.
- 6 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience as a Project Manager on projects involving construction monitoring, habitat assessments, or wildlife and/or botanical surveys.
- Marketing and proposal experience.
- Experienced in managing project tasks and budgets.
- Experience in a client-facing role.
- Working knowledge of special-status plants and wildlife of northern California, and the associated state and federal environmental protections.
- Familiar with the agencies having jurisdiction over special-status species.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with both clients and internal staff.
- Experience as a lead reviewer of technical reports.
- Experienced in developing project scopes and estimating project costs.
- Positive attitude and adaptability to changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Good organizational skills and a strong detail-oriented work style.
- Experience as a field or technical lead, providing oversight and guidance to junior and mid-level biologists and other technical staff.
- Experience in environmental consulting.
- Familiarity with permit application requirements, and the typical challenges and strategies related to environmental permitting.
- Wetland delineation experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with the California Environmental Quality Act and National Environmental Policy Act.
- CDFW Scientific Collecting Permit and/or U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service 10(a)(1)(A) permit(s).
- Due to the nature of this role, U.S. Citizenship is required.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.