Sr Electrical Distribution Engineer
9797 Aero Drive, Suite 310 San Diego, CA 92123 US
- Perform QA/QC on projects before submittal to the client
- Training and mentorship of entry level designers and engineers
- Perform detailed design and engineering calc’s of the overhead and underground electric distribution systems to comply with the client’s standards, specifications, preferences, and relevant industry standards (GO95, GO128, NESC, RUS etc.)
- Prepare cost estimates on engineering and fielding efforts.
- Designing of electrical distribution facilities including feeders, laterals, underground ties, and equipment upgrades for voltages 38kV and under
- Perform site field visit for verification of existing distribution facilities and project requirements
- Develop bill of material required for construction based upon client standards
- Develop construction prints detailing facilities to be removed/installed.
- Develop permit drawings as necessary to accommodate construction.
- Review project scope and identify issues early on
- Function as Project Engineer on assigned projects
- Support the day-to-day activities of the project from inception through engineering, construction, and hand over
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to demonstrate solid leadership and communication skills
- Working knowledge of electrical utility systems, policies and procedures including engineering standards
- Experience working with major electrical utilities
- Flexibility to prioritize and work on multiple projects with various due dates and scopes
- Valid driver’s license
- Available to travel up to 20%
- Education and Experience
- A degree in Electrical Engineering from a recognized institution
- A minimum of 8 years of experience in Overhead and Underground Distribution engineering and design.
- P.E. Professional Engineer license
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.