Sr Electrical Engineer
Jacksonville, FL 32212 US
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide independent, timely and professional support and consultation for the planning, design, construction, and maintenance of facilities for the Navy, Marine Corps, and other Supported Commands, including, special projects, military construction (MILCON), demolition, maintenance, space utilization, missional studies and facilities development.
- Conduct technical review and professional evaluation of NAVFAC design and construction projects, generating review comments for electrical design proficiency in accordance with code standards for private A&E design submittals and In-House NAVFAC design teams. Ensure review comments are created, appropriately recorded, and communicated in timely and professional means ensuring comments and design concerns are appropriately identified, communicated, coordinated, resolved, and satisfactorily completed/ incorporated into the resulting design record documents.
- Participate in project meetings with stakeholders, collaborate with other engineering and architectural disciplines and ensure project coordination is enabled toward accomplishing specific project/ client requirements. Coordination will actively be required both with external vendors/ contractors as well as within numerous NAVFAC inter-organizational teams and business lines.
- Conducts site visits as required in support of assigned project work. Conduct assessments to generate electrical systems design requirements. Assists with construction quality assurance by performing code required special inspections or required electrical observation. Witnesses’ acceptance testing and provide trouble shooting recommendations of electrical equipment and systems as part of the facility commissioning process.
- Proficiently participate in and uphold work requirements for multiple project assignments simultaneously. Administratively track and proactively support multiple ongoing projects concurrently, maintaining clear, comprehensive and responsive communication with stakeholders, enabling project actions and approvals during critical project transitions and ensuring the given project is aligning with pertinent UFC, Navy and DoD requirements.
- Project work includes new construction and renovation/ rehabilitation projects for facility types including but not limited to: housing/ living facilities; community support facilities (dining hall, clubs, fitness centers, child development centers); medical facilities; education/training facilities; maintenance shops; industrial facilities; hangars; administration buildings; operations buildings (command and control centers); security, waterfront, airfield, and other shore installation facilities.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) in the discipline of Electrical Engineering is required.
- Knowledge of DoD and Navy guide specifications, criteria and policy, industry codes and standards, and standard practices as related to electrical engineering design, including the NFPA 70 (National Electrical Code), IEEE C2 (National Electrical Safety Code), and the International Building Code.
- Knowledge of local, state, federal, and foreign country laws, codes, and other statutory requirements affecting electrical engineering design throughout the NAVFAC AOR.
- Knowledge of budgeting, planning and project management techniques, including the ability to coordinate the work of others and lead teams.
- Knowledge of related A/E disciplines and their associated impacts as related to electrical engineering.
- Competency analyzing data, information and designs and producing and communicating the results/ findings in writing. Review and consolidate findings of others; evaluate recommendations based on findings. Ability to make oral presentations and professionally articulate information verbally.
- Knowledge and experience with AutoCAD and/or REVIT software, Microsoft Office products, electrical engineering design and analysis software and other applicable DoD computer systems and software.
- Knowledge of and compliance with Safety Policy, Guidance and use of personal protective equipment.
- A minimum of 10 years of professional practice of electrical engineering for the design and construction administration of code compliant facilities.
- Substantial Electrical Engineering design knowledge and experience for both new construction and renovation/ rehabilitation projects.
- Desired design experience within the following areas: interior and exterior lighting; power distribution systems, including standby power generation; telecommunication systems - including voice, data, cable TV and Wi-Fi; security systems including closed circuit TV; grounding systems; instrumentation/ controls related to industrial processes, lightning protection systems; medical facility systems; audio visual systems; and site electrical distribution including medium-voltage distribution switchgear, substations, and transformers; site systems distribution; and overhead/ underground distribution.
- Must have a bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering from a program approved by the Accreditation Board for Engineers and Technology (ABET).
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.