Sr Environmental Planner - Project Manager
1001 Bishop St Ste 1600 Honolulu, HI 96813 US
- Providing NEPA and permitting oversight, authority, and accountability for projects.
- Serving as a Project Manager on different size projects, including financial management and reporting, subconsultant oversight, and technical staff management.
- Overseeing multiple projects simultaneously within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensuring quality standards on project deliverables.
- Responding to a variety of ongoing requests to support projects under our existing contracts, including refining task needs, scoping and costing tasks, and identifying and assigning staff.
- Engaging in business development activities and pursuits.
- Prepare effective technical proposals and take an active role in the development of new business with new and existing clients.
- Develop and expand client relationships that generate repeat business.
- Providing leadership in mentoring personnel, including reviewing their work for accuracy and clarity and providing constructive feedback.
- Participating in professional associations/events relevant to the industry.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Environmental Planning or related field, or Bachelor's Degree and demonstrated equivalent work experience in environmental field
- 6+ years of experience in NEPA document preparation and related technical studies
- Valid Driver’s license is required
- Ability to obtain secret security clearance
- Master’s Degree in Environmental, Urban and/or Regional Planning or a related discipline
- Experience with Hawaii planning projects
- 10+ years of experience in NEPA document preparation and business development for environmental planning projects.
- At least 3 years relevant Project Management experience
- Experience with environmental compliance, permitting, and agency consultations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills to effectively manage tasks and interact with teams of staff, subconsultants, and clients
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate a high level of competence and experience in working with teams, clients, and subcontractors
- Exceptional detail orientation and attention to quality
- Led or worked on major NEPA efforts (EISs), with a demonstrated proficiency in applying NEPA to projects
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite of software applications
- Proficiency using ArcGIS, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Due to the nature of this work, U.S. citizenship is required
- Relocation assistance is not offered for this role.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.