Sr Environmental Specialist
1709 Suite B Dunwood Mt Vernon, GA 30338 US
Successful candidate will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a fast-paced and dynamic environment providing due diligence and remediation services. Expectations include:
- Conducts Phase I ESAs to ASTM or higher standards.
- Conducts Phase II ESAs, Assist in PCA projects (Fannie Mae, HUD, ASTM 2018).
- Conduct or manage asbestos and lead-based paint building inspections.
- Maintain existing client base and cultivate new client prospects.
- Understands due diligence and Georgia brownfield redevelopment processes.
- Demonstrates full knowledge of each project’s status and goals.
- Performs tasks across multiple disciplines to bring about successful project completion.
- Provides quality environmental and PCA support services.
- Responds to customers in a timely manner.
- Other duties not listed may also apply.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Hydrogeology, or related from an accredited university.
- 10+ years or more of Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessment (ESA) and site investigation experience.
- Experience with Georgia Environmental Protection Division Land Protection Branch and Brownfield program.
- Experience with underground storage tank projects.
- Existing client base of industrial, financial institutions, developers, and attorneys.
- Ability to effectively manage and coordinate staff and corporate leadership.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, proficient with Microsoft Office.
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training and current with 8-hour refresher courses.
- Accredited as an Asbestos Building Inspector and/or Lead-Based Paint Inspector.
- Exposure to Property Condition Assessments (PCAs)
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.