Sr Project Manager
125 S 84th St Suite 200 , Suite 201 Milwaukee, WI 53214 US
The IT Senior Project Manager’s role is to plan, execute, and finalize DB&T projects according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes managing resources as part of those projects and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan and make them accountable. The Senior Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle. In addition, he/she is expected to be a critical member of the HCM program core team and provide our DB&T and HR leadership with key communications, reports and presentations detailed where the projects are at and any roadblocks faced by the teams for DB&T type activities. This consultant will also work hand to hand with the HR program manager and HRIS director driving a major HR transformation The candidate is expected to have significant experience with those type of implementations for the value streams in scope.
- Direct and manage projects under his/her responsibilities from beginning to end following recommended methodologies including all well documented artifacts and deliverables.
- Develop / manage / update full scale project plans with milestones, dates, owners
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Due to the nature of those projects, provide regular and concise communications reporting to our senior leadership composed of HR, DB&T and Finance members
- Monitor performance of the team members and ensure tasks are timely completed and mitigation/recovery plans are in place when needed
- Draft and submit and track budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Where required, negotiate with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company. Work with HR and DB&T leadership when need additional staff
- Work hand to hand with professional services and vendors companies responsible for product(s) being implementation and system implementation. Make sure they stay on track, provide sound and weekly updates. Escalate when need on any performance slippage
- Manage RAID ( risk, action, issues, decision) log and track resolution
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team and business stakeholders and escalate to leadership when needed.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
- Manage the project and program governance ( scrums, weekly meetings, operating meetings and steering committees)
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Analyze current business processes and system functions with the objective of providing users with application tools to increase productivity and promote business objectives.
- Challenge business requests to ensure relevance to business objectives & priorities.
- Lead/participate in design sessions for prototyping new systems for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations and information process flow.
- Coordinate, perform and document in-depth tests, including end-user reviews for modified and new systems.
- Determine the impact to the customer for systems and process changes.
- Work with OCM partner ( usually internal) to develop, coordinate and deliver a sound OCM plan
- Work with Service desk to provide an effective service transition
- Produce ad hoc reports for analysis of system usage, regulatory compliance, business management etc. - This includes working with our internal controls team
- Coach/mentor team members on business skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree or above - preference in business, IT, Finance, HRIS area
- 7+ years direct work experience in a project management capacity, working on HCM project implementation including Payroll, Talent Management, Benefits, Onboarding and more
- Should be familiar with Workday, Successfactors, or any other HRIS systems.
- Demonstrated experience in personnel management in a complex matrix organization.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Strong familiarity with project management software.
- PMP certification preferred
- CSM certification preferred
- Experience working on ERP platform implementation is definitely a +
- Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Demonstrated communication skills when interacting with top level leadership in a large global company
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Experience working with OCM team to drive specific deliverables such as training, communication, documentation, engagement
- Good understanding of system architectures, principle of system integrations and cybersecurity
- Demonstrated experience understanding project financials
- Ability to defuse tension among project teams, should it arise.
- Ability to bring projects to successful completion through political sensitivity.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead and/or conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Strong customer service orientation.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.