Sr. Electrical Engineer
1515 Arboretum Drive S.E. Grand Rapids, MI 49546 US
Grand Rapids, MI OR Novi, MI OR Cincinnati, OH
Our client has an immediate full-time opening for a detail-oriented Senior Electrical Engineer in our Grand Rapids office. The candidate should have a minimum of 10 years of experience designing power distribution, lighting, fire alarm, security, access control, network, and instrumentation and control systems for industrial, municipal, healthcare, commercial, retail, and educational clients. This position involves hands-on development of construction documents (calculations, drawings, and specifications), supervising other electrical engineers and designers, data gathering via field investigations, client interaction, and construction administration services.
Minimum Physical Requirements
Will have normal office working conditions and be required to use a computer. Must be able to use various technical equipment for communication and documentation purposes. Must be able to travel and maneuver around project sites to attend client and project meetings. Must be able to access project sites for observation, investigation, and evaluation. Must possess visual acuity to perform responsibilities. Occasionally exposed to light lifting, sitting, and walking.
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE or equivalent)
Desired Job Experience
- Knowledge of the Architectural/Engineering (A/E) consulting business.
- Experience designing electrical systems for water and wastewater facilities.
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer (PE) or working towards licensure.
- Familiarity with the National Electrical Code, International Building Codes, and Energy Codes.
- Proficient with AutoCAD, Revit MEP, Design Master Electrical, Microsoft Office products, Easy Power arc flash hazard analysis software, and lighting design software.
Our staff members enjoy a comprehensive compensation package that includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Wellness reimbursement and activities
- Reimbursement and support for tuition, continuing education, and professional/personal development
- Vacation and sick time, volunteer PTO, parental leave, and paid holidays
- 401(k), profit sharing, and stock options (we’re 100% employee owned!)
- And more!
Our client is one of the premier professional consulting firms in the nation, with 14 regional offices and more than 450 employees. Engineering, environmental sciences, architecture, and construction management are the cornerstones of our companies’ services and integrated project approach. They are a hands-on and design-orientated practice with the technical capabilities and understanding to take the largest projects from internal concept to completion. Their team of experts takes pride in our commitment to reliability in design, connection to our clients, and creativity at our core.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.