Sr. Environmental Engineer
5900 Northwoods Business Pkwy Charlotte, NC 28269 US
Are you highly motivated, hard-working, and seeking to join a growth-focused environmental consulting & engineering firm? Are you looking for a company that will invest in your development and grow your professional skills? If so, consider a career with us.
Powered by record sales, extraordinary client retention, strategic acquisitions, and an entrepreneurial spirit, We are one of the fastest growing environmental consulting and engineering firms in the US. We take pride in keeping our clients happy and have earned numerous awards for project excellence. We continue to grow, and we want you to grow with us.
Your Responsibilities as an Environmental Engineer:
- Engineering and management of environmental remediation system projects.
- Conduct and oversee the design, installation, operations, and maintenance of remediation systems.
- Review and approve shop drawings.
- Prepare responses to RFPs, agreements, and change orders.
- Oversee construction progress and system operations.
- Coordinate and attend project meetings, prepare meeting minutes, and field activity reports.
- Assist with equipment start-up, testing, and training.
- Prepare SOPs and O&M manuals.
- Project coordination and execution.
- Write and prepare technical reports, plans, drawings, specifications, permit applications, estimates, and proposals.
- Design, plan, and implement project activities in accordance with budgets.
- Ability to run, schedule, and coordinate crews.
- Perform technical project work and fieldwork.
- Hire, oversee, and manage subcontractors.
- Mentor and train staff and ensure quality work product.
- Ensure the safe performance of project work.
- Actively develop your own career path.
- Company-subsidized medical and dental.
- Company-paid life, short, and long-term disability.
- 401k match, tuition assistance, and more.
- Cross-training and the ability to work on a variety of projects.
- Performance-based bonuses or other incentives.
- Working with the best and brightest in the industry.
- 1,000+ employee national firm with 50+ locations across the US.
- BA/BS in Environmental, Civil, Geotechnical, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering, or related engineering field.
- Master’s degree is a plus.
- Minimum 10 years of related experience with successful implementation and oversight of environmental related projects, supervising staff, demonstrated achievements in environmental consulting and engineering.
- NC Professional Engineer license, or ability to obtain license at start of employment.
- PE in additional states is a plus.
- Familiarity with environmental assessment and remediation, environmental monitoring and sampling, remedial action plans, and/or general permitting.
- Knowledge of NC & SC petroleum and remediation rules and regulations is preferred.
- 40-hour HAZWOPER certification, or ability to obtain certification at start of employment.
- Experience with NPDES, SPCC & SWPPP plans & permits, waste profiles, and water quality is highly desired.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Thorough understanding of safe work practices in accordance with OSHA regulations.
- Valid driver's license, good driving history and access to reliable transportation are required.
- Ability to travel throughout the division (NC, SC, GA, TN) approximately 25% with occasional travel throughout the Southeast (5-10%).
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.