Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer
529 Pleasant St Attleboro, MA 02703 US
The Engineer is responsible for supporting the mechanical design of manufacturing assembly and test equipment. The position will involve handling projects from concept development to delivery of completed equipment.
• Works in the team supporting internal customers to support various equipment-related needs for new equipment and to upgrade and maintain existing equipment.
• Work with the team to generate equipment concepts, costs, schedules, and proposals.
• Generate mechanical designs to meet specifications.
• Provide engineering support for projects through build and delivery.
• Frequent communication with project managers regarding the status of projects to help track projects against schedule and cost commitments.
• Leverage engineering fundamentals to make sound decisions on complex technical issues.
• Responsibilities include understanding specification requirements, internal customer requirements and expectations, and completing actions per schedule to support those program expectations.
Experience / Qualifications
• A Mechanical Engineering degree and minimum 7 years of experience working in mechanical design of automated and semi-automated manufacturing test and assembly equipment.
• Experience using Solidworks for mechanical design.
• Understanding of mechanical engineering principles, materials, mechanics, fluid, thermal and heat transfer which influence equipment design.
• Must possess a high degree of self-accountability for delivering designs that are thorough, well documented, and require minimal rework during assembly. Hands-on available to assist technicians and solve problems that arise during the build process.
• Familiarity with electrical machine controls and software to interact effectively with those groups is a plus.
• Knowledge of robotics, vision inspections, control pneumatics, high-pressure test pneumatics, thermal control systems, hydraulics, and various manufacturing processes such as resistance welding, laser welding, pressing, soldering, crimping, heating, etc. are all a plus.
• Holds self-accountable for achieving goals and standards.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to handle multiple competing tasks and demands
• Strong communication skills; oral, written, and presentation
• Strong personal and professional ethical values and integrity
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Project)
• Strong interpersonal & collaboration skills to work effectively within team environment.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.