Sr. Mechanical Design Engineer
529 Pleasant Street , P.O. Box 2964 Attleboro, MA 02703-0964 US
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer (Contingent with potential for FTE) is responsible for supporting the mechanical design of manufacturing assembly and test equipment. The position will support internal company needs for new equipment and provide support for existing equipment located in global manufacturing sites. The position will be involved with projects from concept development to delivery of completed equipment.
• Works in team supporting internal customers to support various equipment related needs for new equipment and also to upgrade and maintain existing equipment.
• Work with team to generate equipment concepts, costs, schedules, and proposals.
• Generate mechanical designs to meet specifications.
• Work with designers who will assist in modeling and detailing mechanical designs.
• Provide engineering support for projects through build and delivery.
• Frequent communication with project managers regarding status of projects to help track project against schedule and cost commitments.
• Work in team environment along with electrical hardware, software support, and build groups to ensure good communication and coordination of project work to meet cost and schedule goals.
• Leverage engineering fundamentals to make sound decisions on complex technical issues.
• Responsibilities include understanding specification requirements, internal customer requirements and expectations, and completing actions per schedule to support those program expectations.
• Work with product design and process development groups in support of design for manufacturability and process development activities.
Experience / Qualifications
• A Mechanical Engineering degree and 6-8 years of experience working in mechanical design of automated and semi-automated manufacturing test and assembly equipment.
• Experience using Solidworks for mechanical design.
• Understanding of mechanical engineering principles, materials, mechanics, fluid, thermo and heat transfer which influence equipment design.
• Familiarity with electrical machine controls and software to interact effectively with those groups is a plus.
• Knowledge of robotics, vision inspections, control pneumatics, high pressure test pneumatics, thermal control systems, hydraulics, various manufacturing processes such as resistance welding, laser welding, pressing, soldering, crimping, heating, etc. are all a plus.
• Holds self-accountable to achieving goals and standards.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to handle multiple competing tasks and demands
• Strong communication skills; oral, written and presentation
• Strong organization, planning and time management skills to achieve results
• Strong personal and professional ethical values and integrity
• Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Project)
• Strong interpersonal & collaboration skills to work effectively within team environment
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.