Staff Civil Engineer
312 Southeast Stonemill Drive Vancouver, WA 98684 US
- The Staff Civil Engineer will work on project teams to create world class designs for new projects, alterations and redevelopments on a variety of projects including power delivery, pipeline and industrial facilities. The Staff Civil Engineer will work with the project team throughout the design and construction process, adapting civil plans according to budget constraints, design factors or client needs.
- Perform civil design of projects from the conceptual phase through design completion.
- Modify and review production drawings for a variety of projects including, but not limited to: electrical substations, pipeline metering and regulating station, compressor stations and industrial facilities.
- Design civil components for project needs and requirements that are set forth by the project managers.
- Applies strong knowledge of commonly used civil engineering/design concepts, principles, practices, codes, and procedures within the civil engineering services industry.
- Research and compile project related data as required by the project managers. Compiles studies and reports. Writes specifications.
- Update drawings provided by senior engineers to verify corrections are made within multiple CAD related software.
- Compiles information for client presentations, shop drawing review, and contract administration for the design of power delivery, pipeline and industrial facilities.
- Performs field inspections, measurements or calculations for public and private clients.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related degree from an ABET accredited program.
- Or Bachelor of Science in Civil or related Engineering Technology from an ABET accredited program and successful completion of Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
- Master of Science degree in Civil Engineering may be substituted for 1 year experience.
- 5 years of civil engineering experience, consulting preferred.
- Successful completion (i.e. passing) PE preferred.
- Strong knowledge in standard civil engineering techniques and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work methodically and analytically in a quantitative problem-solving environment and demonstrated critical thinking skills.
- Strong computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite)
- Strong computer skills (e.g. AutoCAD, MicroStation, Civil 3D), and/or hydraulic, hydrologic, pavement, civil analysis programs.
- Strong attention to detail, facilitation, team building, collaboration, organization and problem-solving skills.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.