Staff Commissioning Specialist (Eastern PA)
1001 E Hector, Suite 110 Conshohocken, PA 19428 US
The Staff Commissioning Specialist will be responsible for performing commissioning and retro-commissioning projects. These projects will encompass existing buildings and electro-mechanical systems and ensure that equipment and systems are functioning at the efficiency level for which they were designed to meet the operational needs of the owner. The Staff Commissioning Specialist will work with the project team throughout the commissioning process, adapting commissioning plans to budget constrains, design factors or client needs.
- Develop commissioning, retro-commissioning, monitoring-based commissioning, energy efficiency retrofit, and demand response projects for complex buildings and systems in the mission critical, healthcare, laboratory, aviation, manufacturing, higher education, commercial building, water & waste water and on-site energy markets.
- Develop energy efficiency projects from initial identification and verification through installation and measurement.
- Responsible for monitoring processes of HVAC systems with building automation and stand-alone data loggers to troubleshoot operational problems and find inefficient control sequences.
- Manage on-site testing of HVAC, lighting, power, and control systems in new and existing buildings in conjunction with operations, maintenance and contractor personnel.
- Develop on-site ASHRAE energy audits and condition assessments to identify energy efficiency and demand response measures.
- Manage energy and operational improvements for system function and efficiency.
- Ensure retro-commissioning assessments, detailed evaluations, measurement and verification reports for existing facilities are completed accurately.
- Consult on concept designs and sequence of operations for energy efficiency projects.
- Prepare building energy use simulation for modeling alternatives to capture energy savings.
- Responsible for measurement and verification of installed projects.
- Provide detailed and accurate project records including data, documentation and reports.
- Review operating modes, sequence of operations and specifics of equipment, operations, and maintenance.
- Manage commissioning of new retro-fits.
- Participate in sales pursuits and proposal development.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Associate's or Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Technology, Electrical Power & Controls or a relevant field of study. Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- A minimum of 11 years of experience with retro-commissioning, energy evaluation, complex HVAC, lighting, power and control systems.
- Experience evaluating and troubleshooting systems with different types of stand-alone monitoring equipment including flow meters, temperature loggers, electrical meters and other types of equipment.
- Ability to quantify energy losses and determining cost.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to comply with site safety procedures, including electrical safety.
- Proficient computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite).
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain access authorization to facilities and data of existing and potential clients, including, but not limited to DOE, aerospace, military, food and consumer product manufacturers, pharmaceutical, laboratories, and others necessary to sell and complete work.
- Our client is looking for some help in eastern PA, Philly is the closest big city, but the work is all over central and eastern PA. this is a staff aug position for PM/Construction Administrator for their Facilities group. This is likely a temp to hire position for the right person.
- Engineering/arch/construction degree with 2+ years experience. Facilities/ASHRAE (not power plant) commissioning experience a plus.
- Job will require driving to multiple sites to review construction progress, meet with contractors, discuss schedule, and report back to First energy staff we are supporting to update them on the progress of their projects.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.