Staff Distribution Designer
425 South Woods Mill Rd, Suite 300 Town And Country, MO 63017 US
The Distribution Designer will work within our Transmission and Distribution (T&D) Global Practice to perform the following duties:
- Responsible for the design of low to medium voltage (2.4-120kV) distribution and sub transmission lines using CADD.
- Prepare construction documents including plan and profile drawings for overhead and underground electric distribution, fiber optic and telecommunications facilities.
- Provide field support during construction.
- Plans, schedules, conducts and coordinates work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, adaptation and modification of standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Performs work which involves conventional engineering practices, but may involve a variety of complex features.
- Requires general knowledge of precedents in specialty areas and familiarity with basic principles and practices in related specialties.
- May coordinate departmental and divisional project studies and report preparation assignments.
- This position requires an experienced and competent individual capable of successfully solving difficult problems that require adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Must be capable of devising new approaches to problems encountered.
- Assist project manager to develop scope of work and conceptual design for the projects.
- Communicate and coordinate project activities with project manager, client, and others as needed.
- Provide leadership, guidance and instruction to less experienced staff members.
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and accuracy of one’s work.
- Other duties will be assigned as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in drafting technology or related field and eight years related experience or associate's degree and ten years related experience or eleven years progressive detailing and design experience. Field experience is desirable.
- Expert understanding of design software such as: AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MicroStation, GIS and Excel to develop the design deliverables.
- Expert knowledge in design, calculations and design systems.
- Expert knowledge in the theory and practices of civil discipline; competent in the fundamental concepts of other disciplines as they relate to the assigned discipline; and capable of operating related discipline design software necessary to execute production tasks.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others (Project Managers, Engineers and Designers) in a multi-discipline project team environment to resolve design or drawing issues as appropriate and to accomplish objectives.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.