Staff Distribution Engineer
4201 Edith Blvd NE Los Ranchos De Albuquerque, NM 87107 US
- The Staff Distribution Engineer will work on project teams to create world-class designs for new projects, alterations, and redevelopments on various 2.4kV to 34.5kV overhead and underground utility distribution projects. The Staff Distribution Engineer will work with the project team throughout the design and construction process, adapting electrical distribution plans according to budget constraints, design factors, or client needs.
- Develop and prepare distribution voltage packages for both overhead and underground projects, including distribution equipment installation, feeder replacement, cable replacement, and new feeder design.
- Develop and prepare design sketches, cost estimates, bill of materials, and other required deliverables.
- Perform various distribution calculations, including cable pulling, voltage drop, and pole loading calculations.
- Apply strong knowledge of NESC standards and utility standards, guides, specifications, and procedures.
- Research and compile project-related data as required by the project managers.
- Perform field inspections for overhead and underground electric facilities on public and private utility systems.
- Prepare and disseminate project communication regarding vegetation management, third-party attachments, right-of-way, and outage planning.
- Develop client presentations, reports, and visualizations to demonstrate technical results and project status.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related degree from an ABET accredited program.
- A Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related Engineering Technology degree from an ABET accredited program and successful completion of the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
- Master of Science degree in Engineering may be substituted for one year experience.
- Three years of relevant engineering experience, consulting preferred.
- Successful completion (i.e., passing) FE or EIT preferred.
- Strong knowledge of electrical distribution power flow.
- Strong computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite).
- Proficiency in distribution design software and GIS to aid in design.
- Strong knowledge regarding easements, right-of-way, and permitting for distribution projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work methodically and analytically in a quantitative problem-solving environment and demonstrated critical thinking skills.
- Strong attention to detail, facilitation, team building, collaboration, organization, and problem-solving skills.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.