Staff Electrical Designer - Oil, Gas & Chemical
9400 Ward Parkway Kansas City, MO 64114 US
This position offers the opportunity to exercise your design skills, plan and produce 2D/3D drawings, and showcase your leadership talents through coordination, communication, and execution of projects.
The Staff Electrical Designer will work on a diverse portfolio of projects with various clients in the Oil, Gas & Chemical industries to perform the following duties:
- Design grounding, duct bank, cable tray, area class, and lighting systems from concept to completion.
- Plan and develop a full range of electrical deliverables including plan drawings, installation details, and section/elevations.
- Perform calculations for lighting, conduit, cable tray, and duct bank.
- Develop 3D models of electrical components such as cable tray, lights, duct bank vendor equipment, etc.
- Develop schematics and one-line drawings from engineering sketches.
- Follow all company, client, and project design and drafting standards.
- Execute, organize, and maintain project revisions to designs and drawings in a logical and well-structured manner.
- Interpret and apply applicable codes and specifications related to design requirements.
- Complete and review design drawings within scope, budget and schedule.
- Coordinate drafting and design efforts with both internal and external clients and vendors.
- Develop and grow industrial construction knowledge and field experience.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in drafting technology or related field and seven years related experience or associate's degree and eight years related experience or nine years progressive detailing and design experience.
- Three or more years of refinery, gas processing or pipeline experience is preferred but not required.
- Must be willing and eligible to obtain or currently hold a valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
- Good understanding of NEC, Electricity Basics, Industrial Construction, Industrial Facility Safety and CAD Standards.
- Experience utilizing 2D and 3D design programs (AutoCAD, SmartPlant 3D, SmartPlant Review, Navisworks, Visual Lighting). SmartPlant 3D experience preferred.
- Ability to learn and effectively utilize new design software programs.
- Strong knowledge in the theory and practices of electrical design; competent in the fundamental concepts of other disciplines as they relate to electrical; and capable of operating electrical design software necessary to execute production tasks.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others (Project Managers, Engineers and Designers) in a multi-discipline project team environment to resolve design or drawing issues as appropriate and to accomplish objectives.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.