Staff Electrical Designer
Albuquerque, NM 87101 US
A Staff Electrical Designer will perform various phases of planning, site evaluations, analytical designs, report preparation, specifications, and preparation of proposal and construction documentation and electrical plans as part of a project team. This position will work on various projects with a diverse portfolio of project types and clients.
- Design various electrical projects including creating electrical schematics, grid plan layouts, electrical power systems, lighting systems, protection and controls, and site and facility design. Follow all company, client and project design and drafting standards.
- Plan and develop drawings for production work including problem analysis, design layout and calculations on non-routine assignments of substantial variety and complexity.
- Execute variety of electrical design assignments using prescribed methods and standard techniques including drawing sequence and presentation, sizing various system components and refining rough sketches.
- Execute changes to designs or sketches and redlines or mark-ups on ongoing projects.
- Analyze reports, drawings and tests to plan and design projects.
- Interpret and incorporate design codes and specifications related to design requirements.
- Review design drawings for quality assurance within scope, budget and schedule. Perform project tasks and assignments within budgeted hours and deadlines.
- Compute volume calculations for conduit/grounding layouts, equipment and panel wiring diagrams and relay panel schematics.
- Organize and maintain all revisions of project drawings, plot files and project-related information are stored in a logical and well-structural manner.
- Responsible for clear and concise written and verbal communications, as it relates to the project client coordination.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’ s degree in drafting technology or related field and eight years related experience or Associate' s degree and ten years related experience or eleven years progressive detailing and design experience.
- understanding of design software such as: Maximo, ArcFM, and Excel to develop the design deliverables. Ability to learn and effectively utilize new design software programs.
- knowledge in design, calculations and design systems.
- knowledge in the theory and practices of assigned discipline; competent in the fundamental concepts of other disciplines as they relate to the assigned discipline; and capable of operating related discipline design software necessary to execute production tasks.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others including, but not limited to Project Managers, Engineers and Designers in a multi-discipline project team environment to resolve design or drawing issues as appropriate and to accomplish objectives.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and attention to detail.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.