Staff Electrical Designer
1850 N Central Ave #800 Phoenix, AZ 85004 US
- Plan and develop drawings for production work including problem analysis, design layout and calculations on non-routine assignments of substantial variety and complexity
- Execute variety of electrical design assignments using prescribed methods and standard techniques including drawing sequence and presentation, sizing various system components and refining rough sketches.
- Execute changes to designs or sketches and redlines or mark-ups on ongoing projects.
- Analyze reports, drawings and tests to plan and design projects.
- Interpret and incorporate design codes and specifications related to design requirements.
- Review design drawings for quality assurance within scope, budget and schedule. Perform project tasks and assignments within budgeted hours and deadlines.
- Compute volume calculations for conduit/grounding layouts, equipment and panel wiring diagrams and relay panel schematics.
- Organize and maintain all revisions of project drawings, plot files and project-related information are stored in a logical and well-structural manner.
- Responsible for clear and concise written and verbal communications, as it relates to the project client coordination.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering from an accredited program
- Minimum 3 years of related experience.
- Work experience in 3-phase electrical power, medium voltage, low voltage, lighting, grounding, electrical equipment control, protective relaying and associated systems design and construction administration.
- Work experience which demonstrates progressive design and task management responsibilities.
- Has experience with design scope development, budget preparation and project execution meeting schedule requirements and maintaining established budgets.
- This position requires an individual capable of applying intensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices to broad areas of assignments.
- Must be capable of interpreting and developing solutions to complex problems.
- Facility type designs may include power generating facilities, process facilities, and large industrial facilities.
- System modeling using SKM Power Tools, ETAP, or similar modeling software is preferred. SmartPlant / SmartPlant Electrical experienced preferred.
- Excellent written & verbal communication, as well as strong analytical & problem-solving skills, are required.
- Previous consulting engineering experience preferred. Completion of FE exam is strongly preferred.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.