Staff Electrical Engineer
544 White Pond Drive Suite 300 Akron, OH 44320 US
By aligning individual passions with opportunities, our client provides unbridled professional growth for the best talent in the industry. Our client is seeking an Electrical Engineer to take control of their career potential in our Ohio offices. This position will partner with a multi-discipline team to develop designs of electrical substations to support the safe and reliable delivery of electricity across the United States and Canada. Opportunities may include, but not limited to:
- Thinking creatively to address the complex challenges faced by the largest utilities in North America.
- Performing facets of substation physical design including yard layout plans, sections and details; grounding, lightning protection, control building arrangements, interior and exterior raceways, auxiliary AC/DC power systems, and associated bills of material.
- Performing facets of substation protection and control design including panel arrangements, one lines/single lines, three lines, AC schematics, DC schematics, equipment wiring and relay panel wiring.
- Performing or overseeing quality review of above facets of substation design
- Preparing equipment specifications.
- Providing support for our clients during construction.
- Performing field inspections and compliance documentation.
- Leading a team of single- or multi-discipline professionals to ensure project success.
- Presenting designs and proposals to clients, permitting authorities, public interest groups, etc.
- Corresponding and/or meeting with clients, contractors, and vendors.
- Participating in project proposal efforts.
- Advancing into leadership roles.
- Bachelor of Science in electrical engineering from an ABET accredited program
- Successful completion of Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam is strongly preferred.
- Three (3) years of substation electrical engineering experience, consulting preferred. Master of Science degree in electrical engineering may be substituted for one (1) year experience.
- Ability to work methodically and analytically in a dynamic, quantitative problem-solving environment and demonstrated critical thinking skills.
- Proficiency with National Electrical Safety Code and IEEE / ANSI Standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills (e.g. Mathcad, WinIGS, Microsoft Office Suite)
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.