Staff Electrical Engineer
200 West Adams, Suite 2700 Chicago, IL 60606 US
- Plans, schedules, conducts and coordinates work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, adaptation and modification of standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Performs work which involves conventional engineering practices, but may involve a variety of complex features.
- Requires general knowledge of precedents in specialty areas and familiarity with basic principles and practices in related specialties.
- May coordinate departmental and divisional project studies and report preparation assignments.
- This position requires an experienced and competent individual capable of successfully solving difficult problems that require adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Must be capable of devising new approaches to problems encountered.
- Other duties as assigned.
Manager is looking for someone with IT/Telecom experience. If candidate does NOT have the required ABET Engineering degree, manager will consider the candidate BUT will not have an engineering title IF hired.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited curriculum - MUST show on resume.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience, with 3 years related project management experience - MUST show on resume.
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of industry, government, and public contracts on project-related matters.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel.
- 5 years of relevant network, communications, or SCADA experience.
- Professional Engineering (PE) registration preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Previous consulting experience.
- Previous utility company experience.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.