Staff Electrical Estimator
Appleton, WI 54911 US
The Staff Electrical Estimator is responsible for preparation of all levels of estimates and proposals from start to finish relating to various disciplines that are required to support field and pre-fabrication construction projects. This position will prepare and present lump sum bids, proposals, unit costs and quantities for various projects with a diverse portfolio of project types and clients.
- Consult with clients, procurement, subcontractors, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Interface with Procurement and Operations to obtain support and commitment to the cost estimates.
- Analyze historical data and provide improvement recommendations to cost estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs.
- Identify cost trends to assist management in cost reduction and process improvement efforts.
- Assist with analyzing completed projects to compare estimated costs to actual costs and determine the reason for any discrepancies.
- Responsible for compliance with estimating methodology ensuring quality estimates are produced.
- Review DOR completion, assignments, estimating quantities, and scope of project.
- Review small and disadvantaged business solicitations and evaluations. * Review subcontractor solicitations, quotes, RFP compliance, clarifications, exceptions, and evaluations.
- Review documents for gaps and overlaps in scope of work. * Assemble material and labor costs for clients and proposals for construction projects.
- Conduct solicitation and pre-qualification tasks for small and disadvantaged businesses and subcontractors.
- Analyze and insert specialty and standard equipment and material pricing into the estimate.
- Prepare and deliver bid packages to subcontractors.
- Present estimating information and attend pre bid meetings.
- Conduct subcontractor labor and market studies and make recommendations based on those results.
- Develop project summary schedules.
- Evaluate and condition subcontractor and supplier quotes. Develop and present estimating strategy and plan.
- Provide preliminary pricing for indirect and general conditions.
- Evaluate fee, contingency, and escalation and make recommendations.
- Review plans and specifications for risk issues and propose a mitigation strategy.
- Review commercial terms and conditions with legal counsel for cost and risk items and present concerns to lead estimator.
- Responsible for the accuracy and validity of estimate clarifications and assumptions.
- Analyze and price value engineering for submission.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Candidate MUST have an experience as an Electrical Estimator.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field and 3 years of direct project Electrical estimating experience Required
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Software experience such as Quotesoft, Accubid, Oracle, and PowerBI desired.
- Thorough knowledge of company procedures, estimating techniques, various construction disciplines, cost control systems required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to handle large volumes of work and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently or in groups, think creatively and analytically, and make quick and sound decisions.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.