Staff Environmental Engineer - Air Quality
8201 Norman Center Drive Bloomington, MN 55437 US
Our client Staff Environmental Engineer to provide air permitting and compliance services to the oil and gas, power, renewable energy, solid waste, industrial, commercial, and manufacturing industries. Our client is a 100% employee-owned firm ranked on FORTUNEs List of 100 Best Companies to Work For and voted as a Best Place to Work in numerous cities across the United States.
This position offers challenging work with significant project variety at a successful, industry-leading company and an opportunity for advancement in a dynamic, growing Air & Noise practice.
The Staff Environmental Engineer will work within our Environmental Services Global Practice and perform the following duties:
- Prepare air permit application packages.
- Prepare air permit compliance reports and manage air permit compliance for clients.
- Perform air dispersion modeling using Environmental Protection Agency approved modeling programs such as AERMOD.
- Conduct environmental site assessments and inspections to ensure compliance with local, state and federal air quality requirements.
- Perform air emission calculations and estimates to support air permit applications and emission inventories.
- Adhere to compliance with company and site safety policies.
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental/Chemical Engineering or a related engineering field from an accredited program (Make sure to check school prior to submitting candidate). Minimum 5 years of applicable/relevant experience required (MUST show on resume) (would consider up to 8 years relevant experience).
- Completion of a master's degree in a related field may be substituted for 1 year of experience.
- Previous consulting experience related to air pollution permitting and compliance and/or multimedia environmental compliance audits, environmental management systems, and report writing preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of federal, state, and local air regulations with emphasis on the Clean Air Act, National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants, New Source Performance Standards, New Source Review, and Title V Permitting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to follow complex requests.
- Must be proficient in the use of computer software (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with air quality dispersion models such as AERMOD preferred
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.