Staff Geologist - P2
Richmond, VA 23236 US
• The position duties and responsibilities are dynamic from day to day and will generally require 60% office work, 40% field work within the Mid-Atlantic Region.
• Responsible for case management of projects with senior oversight.
• Responsible for preparation of work plans and comprehensive technical reports
• Prepares technically accurate, complete and concise work plans based on evaluation of site data needs.
• Performs or manages the implementation of project work plans including staff briefing, scheduling, subcontractor coordination and sample collection.
• Evaluates, analyzes and interprets technical data relative to project-specific goals, creates and interprets accurate data display graphs and figures, completes basic fate and transport analysis, and identifies data gaps and data needs leading to development of a Conceptual Site Model.
• Works with and mentors junior staff to ensure all resources are in place for proper fieldwork and reporting execution.
• Develops and manages budgets, evaluates budget vs. plan and analyzes cost control efficiencies.
• Communicates with clients, third party and regulatory agents regarding project status, schedules and compliance issues.
• Ensure adherence to client and corporate contract specifications in all activities including Health, Safety, Security, and Environment. Skills and Requirements:
• Must be agreeable to regular travel, including overnight travel, throughout Virginia and the Carolinas.
• A Bachelor's degree or higher in Geology, Environmental Science or related discipline.
• 5-7+ years of related experience. Experience must include hands on field and office based in environmental consulting field.
• Case management experience on petroleum and/or industrial projects preferred.
• Must be resourceful with excellent communication and writing skills and possess a high degree of initiative and time management skills.
• Must possess excellent communication and technical writing skills and be able to independently prepare a complete report with a focus on QA/QC.
• Field work requires wearing personal protection equipment and working outdoors in all seasons.
• Experience with Virginia, North Carolina, and South Carolina regulations a plus.
• Experience associated with environmental permitting that includes natural resources inventory, wetland delineations, species assessments, and environmental sampling (chemical and biological) is a plus.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, Adobe, geologic logging/cross section programs required.
• Experience with and/or certification in Virginia Erosion & Sediment Control and Stormwater Management a plus.
• Knowledge of and experience with environmental remediation systems a plus.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.