Staff Geologist - P3
New Hudson, MI 48165 US
- Responsible for most aspects of case management.
- Prepares technically accurate, complete and concise work plans based on evaluation of site data needs.
- Performs or manages the implementation of project work plans including staff briefing, scheduling, subcontractor coordination, and sample collection.
- Evaluates, analyzes and interprets technical data relative to project-specific goals, creates and interprets accurate data display graphs and figures, completes basic fate and transport analysis, and identifies data gaps and data needs leading to development of a Conceptual Site Model.
- Has experience and is competent to independently oversee drilling and well installation activities with direct push (geoprobe) or similar equipment; experience with hollow stem auger and other drilling methodology a plus.
- Is familiar with and has experience collecting field data including soil, sediment, groundwater, and soil vapor samples.
- Has experience with and can oversee remedial excavations as well as perform Phase I site walk investigations.
- Works with and mentors junior staff to ensure all resources are in place for proper fieldwork and reporting execution.
- With project manager oversight, develops and manages budgets, evaluates budget vs. plan and analyzes cost control efficiencies.
- Communicates with clients, third party and regulatory agents regarding project status, schedules and compliance issues.
- Ensures adherence to client and corporate contract specifications in all activities including Health, Safety, Security, and Environment.
Skills & Requirements
- Must be agreeable to regular travel, including overnight travel, in the Great Lakes Region (PA, OH, MI, IL and MN).
- A Bachelor's degree or higher in Geology, Environmental Science or related discipline.
- 3-7+ years of related experience. Experience must include hands on field and office based in environmental consulting field. Case management experience on retail petroleum and/or industrial projects preferred.
- Must possess excellent communication and technical writing skills and be able to independently prepare a complete deliverable report with a focus on QA/QC.
- Must have working knowledge of MI environmental regulations. Working knowledge of OH and IN regulations and procedures is a plus.
- Experience associated with environmental permitting that includes natural resources inventory, wetland delineations, species assessments, environmental sampling (chemical and biological), or vapor intrusion is a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, Adobe, geologic logging/cross section programs required.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.