Staff Highway Engineer
Worthington, OH 43085 US
- Coordinate / work with internal staff to perform design calculations, plan preparation, quantity calculations, necessary field work, and submission to a variety of clients.
- Perform transportation-oriented engineering tasks: geometry design, Highway Occupancy preparation & submissions, cross section, grading plans, etc.
- Contribute to stormwater management / water resource engineering: erosion sediment control, hydrology & drainage calculations, etc.
- Assist with water and sanitary sewer utility layout / geometry.
- Additional tasks may be assigned, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering (or a related technical discipline).
- At least 4 years of professional experience working in Civil Engineering (preferably with Transportation Design projects).
- EIT; P.E. license is a plus!
- Deep knowledge / expertise with ODOT design criteria.
- Proven ability to contribute to plan preparation on all phases of an engineering design project while utilizing advanced engineering principles.
- Proficiency with engineering tools (e.g.: CADD, etc.); experience with utilizing Bentley OpenRoads Designer [ORD] for 3D modeling is a plus!
- Proven ability to work independently to solve engineering design issues as well as providing justification for corresponding work changes.
- Adaptable approach to learn and apply new skills effectively.
- Proactive ability to investigate / seize opportunities to improve work products (especially with a corresponding sense of pride and ownership in your work!).
- Ability to establish credibility in the field via professional organizations and other networking opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written).
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.