Staff Instrument & Controls Engineer
9400 Ward Parkway Kansas City, MO 64114 US
- Assist senior staff in preparing control systems (DCS and/or PLC), Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems (CEMS) and instrumentation contracts.
- Perform control system retrofits and migrations.
- Assist senior staff in developing detailed scope documents to identify how the upgrade/migration will be executed.
- Prepare instrumentation design deliverables, including Instrument List, Instrument Construction Specifications, Instrument Installation Details, and Instrument Location Plans.
- Participate in the development of piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID's) and equipment subcontract package specifications.
- Prepare instrument and control system specifications, instrument and instrument valve data sheets, request for quotation (RFQ) and technical bid summaries.
- Design and maintain control system Input/Output (I/O) Lists.
- Design control system graphics and logic diagrams.
- Perform on-site logic and graphic configuration
- Coordinate and manage vendor I/O and instrument lists; coordinate I/O to determine partitioning of the control system hardware.
- Verify and perform design calculations, project studies and report preparation.
- Develop specifications and site study for design of systems; provide assistance with P&ID design including instrumentation and related mechanical design.
- Assist in evaluating technical bids and managing vendor contracts.
- Assist senior staff in reviewing and approving vendor drawings.
- Perform Factory Acceptance Tests, control wiring design, and logic design.
- Provide technical assistance during commissioning at project site.
- Perform quality reviews of project submittals.
- Ensure compliance with company and site safety policies.
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or mechanical engineering from accredited program required. 3 years related experience. Completion of master's degree in related field may be substituted for one year of experience.
- Engineer-In-Training (EIT) Certification recommended.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Hands-on familiarity with control systems found in power generation facilities is recommended.
- Ability to clearly communicate both verbal and written technical information.
- Must be proficient in the use of computer software (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.