Staff Project Controls Specialist (Schedule)
108 Leigus Rd Wallingford, CT 06492 US
- The Staff Project Controls Specialist will be responsible for leading the project controls processes with the internal project management team to execute project deliverables within budget and schedule. Develop, implement, and maintain external and internal cost reports, cash flows and forecasts.
- Responsible for schedule management, earned value management and cost management.
- Responsible for engineering, procurement and construction planning, scheduling, logistics and cost control.
- Analyze project controls reports, present findings and provide recommendations to the project controls team.
- Ensure project set-up in Oracle Financial MIS/PPS Accounting Module or Oracle Primavera Contracts Manager Program.
- Analyze data; review logs; and run reports in Oracle Primavera Contracts Manager software and/or the Oracle Financials MIS/PPS Accounting software.
- Set up Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for tracking detailed breakdown of purchase orders or subcontracts.
- Ensure budget tracking against Purchase Orders or Subcontracts.
- Manage the internal Change Management System.
- Responsible for the review of upstream (prime contract) / downstream (PO & subcontract) change orders.
- Report accurate updates to cost reports or forecasts.
- Develop and present a cash flow report.
- Develop Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 schedules.
- Create schedules and diagrams in Microsoft Visio.
- Set up Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) in Oracle Primavera 6 or Microsoft Project scheduling software.
- Ensure the entry of logic ties within the schedules.
- Create various schedule reports and determine appropriate reporting format.
- Consult with project controls team on schedule progress.
- Responsible for monitoring resource loading of a schedule.
- Develop and present earned value tracking document.
- Analyze and report on data from Oracle Primavera P6.
- Develop pre-programmed project scheduling reports in P6 and review and analyze back-up documentation for accuracy.
- Manage integrated data from one program to another.
- Responsible for ensuring quality checks and inspections on project controls deliverables.
- Serves as a point of contact for technical questions from APM's, PM's, Lead Engineers, or Construction staff.
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field.
- Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- A minimum of 4 years of direct project controls experience.
- Ability to work independently, think creatively and analytically, and make quick and sound decisions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Oracle Primavera P6.
- May be required to obtain an OSHA 10 hour safety certification.
- Willingness to accept long term field assignments.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.