Staff Project Controls Specialist- Scheduler
4004 Summit Blvd. Brookhaven, GA 30319 US
Currently seeking Staff Level Project Controls Specialists for clients in the energy (electrical) sector. The resource will work closely with our representatives on their large energy projects. The successful candidate will assist a team and be responsible for schedule management of construction projects, capital expenditure and reporting and must be able and willing to do light travel.
- Willingness to accept long term field assignments.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Validate Work Breakdown Structure (WBS).
- Assist with the development of Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3 schedules.
- Apply logic ties within the schedule.
- Document schedule progress.
- Retrieve, review and distribute pre-programmed scheduling reports from P6 along with back-up documentation.
- Integrate data from one program to another.
- Assist quality checks and inspections on project controls deliverables
- Presents status reports to project management team and client.
- Assist with the development, implementation and management of a reporting data warehouse to produce valuable program controls reports and data for multiple large projects.
- Responsible for the updating/ development of effective scheduling reports for multiple projects.
- Analyzes and evaluates schedule management involving the critical path method of scheduling techniques, estimating, project cost management, forecasting and document control.
- Working with the team on engineering, procurement, and construction planning and scheduling
- Assist with Earned Value Management system reporting.
- Assist with Risk management process.
- Must have field experience in order to facilitate and produce detailed construction schedules and interface those construction schedules with engineering and procurement activities.
- Experience working on large portfolio type programs with multiple projects being carried out simultaneously
- Prior experience with critical path scheduling, project cost management, estimating and document control required.
- Ability to work independently, think creatively and analytically, and make quick and sound decisions.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Must have excellent attention to detail.
- Candidate may be Client-facing, so will require excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management or related field. Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
• A minimum of 4 years of direct project controls experience.
• Ability to work independently, think creatively and analytically, and make quick and sound decisions.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office.
• Experience with Oracle Primavera P6.
• May be required to obtain an OSHA 10 hour safety certification.
• Willingness to accept long term field assignments.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.