Staff Project Controls Specialist
Akron, OH 44223 US
- Ensure the accounting compliance of Transmission cost collectors.
- Determine correct asset ownership and incorporate in the development of the project accounting.
- Determine correct project accounting settlement rules relating to Operating Companies, Voltage, Capital, Removal, O&M of project accounting.
- Support the financial forecasting group with project accounting issues, CIAC (make the necessary system entries to ensure accurate posting) and create journal entries as needed.
- Support the Transmission Portfolio Development group by creating project WBS’s and work orders in SAP for projects approved in the Transmission Portfolio.
- Ensure that the correct WBS’s and work orders are mapped to the appropriate project RPA.
- Run master data queries; ensure the integrity of the Master Data in SAP and PowerPlant is accurate; make the necessary modifications as required.
- Support ad hoc research of WBS’s and work orders.
- Support the monthly financial reporting process.
- Support Transmission Forecast Tool.
- Collaborate with the Transmission Business Services Group.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline preferred or 4+ years equivalent work experience.
- Professional work experience including financial analysis, accounting, financial reporting required.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Utility accounting experience preferred.
- Experience with SAP, PowerPlant, Transmission GIS, Toad Data Point, UI Planner is preferred.
- Knowledge of FERC accounting is preferred.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.