Staff Project Controls Specialist
Newton, MA 02459 US
- The Staff Project Controls Specialist will be responsible for leading the project controls processes with the internal project management team to execute project deliverables within budget and schedule.
- Ensure project set-up in the Enterprise Planning & Controls software.
- Analyze data, review logs, and run reports in the Enterprise Planning & Controls software or other tools.
- Create Work Breakdown Structure (WBS). - Develop, implement, and maintain effective scheduling reports, cost reports, cash flows and forecasts for multiple projects.
- Follow project execution plans. - Responsible for engineering, procurement and construction planning, scheduling, logistics and cost control.
- Serves as a point of contact for technical questions from the project team.
- Approve Purchase Orders and/or Subcontracts for proper coding.
- Input and document changes to cost reports or forecasts.
- Interfaces with the Project Management Team and Accounting Department to review project costs and contingency costs and support external audits.
- Review upstream (prime contract) and downstream (purchase order & subcontract) change orders.
- Develop and present a cash flow report.
- Develop various levels of schedules.
- Apply and review the entry of logic ties within the schedules.
- Monitor resource loading of a schedule.
- Support Interactive Project Planning Meetings (IPPM).
- Create various schedule reports and determine appropriate reporting format.
- Develop, review, and analyze pre-programmed project scheduling reports and back-up documentation for accuracy.
- Consults with the project team on schedule progress.
- Analyzes and evaluates schedule management involving the critical path method of scheduling techniques, estimating, project cost management and forecasting.
- Perform schedule what-if scenarios.
- Develop and maintain an earned value management system.
- Input and validate progress measurement.
- Develop and maintain progress curves.
- Perform material takeoffs.
- Perform quality checks and inspections on project controls deliverables.
- Perform field audits to validate accuracy of reporting and processes.
- Capable of assisting with Project Forensic Analysis.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with all policies and standards
- Bachelor Degree in engineering, construction management or related field. and 3 years of direct project controls experience or Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement
- Experience with Oracle Primavera P6 preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- OSHA 10-hour safety certification Ability to obtain
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.