Staff Public Involvement Specialist (Stakeholder Engagement Specialist)
1431 Opus Place, Suite 400 Downers Grove, IL 60515 US
Candidate will sit in the Burns & Mc Downers Grove IL office - no hybrid/no remote work.
- Coordinate communication efforts with the client
- Develop communication deliverables as need by the program
- Manage 800 number Inquiry line
- Listen to the calls
- Log the calls into the Comment/Inquiry database on the public website
- Direct the call to the appropriate team for a response
- Follow up with the owner of the comment
- Website manage all incoming comments
- Review comments/inquiries
- Direct comments/inquiries to the appropriate team for a response
- Follow up with the comment/inquiry owner if required
- Produce reports on a regular basis from database
- Public Information Website
- Maintain content on website
- Use website input tool to update content
- Open Houses Support
- Work with client and agencies to develop open house material
- Set up open house event
- Manage comment cards from public comment
- Other media streams
- Develop public notification language for various media sources
- Support running reports for client and management
- Bachelor's degree in environmental studies, marketing, communications, land use planning or a related field
- Valid driver's license required. In addition, must meet standards to qualify for and maintain the Company's vehicle driving privileges as outlined in the Company's Motor Vehicle Safety Policy.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Design/presentation software experience a plus.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and schedules.
- Ability to understand technical information and communicate that information to the public.
- Basic analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of computer software (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior internship or related experience a plus.
- Completion of a master's degree in a related field may be substituted for one year of experience.
- Familiarity with Illinois social environment and community structures
- 5 to 10 years professional experience.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.