Staff Public Involvement Specialist
4004 Summit Blvd. Brookhaven, GA 30319 US
- The Staff Public Involvement Specialist will perform a wide variety of communication and public outreach services for large scale permitting, planning and construction projects. Perform public involvement and public relations activities for clients' capital projects.
- Develop public involvement strategy, materials and coordinate event logistics.
- Develop and implement strategic outreach plans and processes.
- Elements of these plans may include public meetings, information sessions, surveys, fact sheets, video production, special events, social media, training, material development and distribution (brochures, handouts, newsletters, mailers, web site content, and other materials to project audiences).
- Participate in outreach efforts; support established public outreach goals; participate in government briefings and project presentation to external groups; assist in the development of project publications, brochures, web information and materials; meet with clients to develop key messages and themes; develop and implement individual and local outreach plans.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing or a related field from an accredited program.
- Minimum of 8 years strategic communication experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Completion of a master's degree in a related field may be substituted for one year of experience.
- Experience related to communication on behalf of engineering or construction projects a plus.
- Media-relations skills and previous experience working with media outlets to develop and deliver key messages and manage content (news, events, crises, etc.)
- Proposal writing experience strongly preferred.
- Experience in developing content for social media and news releases, as well as web design and coding (for both traditional and social media platforms) is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand and assist with the management of large-scale permitting and construction projects, and the necessary communications processes associated with such an effort.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Expert analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- High level of attention to detail with ability to perform quality reviews.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.