Staff Right of Way Specialist - Roanoke
110 Franklin Rd, Suite 700 Roanoke, VA 24011 US
The Staff Right of Way Specialist will perform various duties in the facilitation of land acquisitions, negotiations, property research, titles and surveys. This includes performing permitting activities, construction coordination, and restoration on Right of Way projects in a variety of locations
- Analyze, prepare, review, and interpret Land and Right of Way related agreements, deeds, easements, leases, permits, and licenses.
- Research and collect real property related project documents.
- Translate data from Right of Way documents into the stakeholder management database.
- Perform quality assurance reviews of stakeholder management database entries from Right of Way field agents.
- Present technical data to Right of Way project team.
- Prepare and submit permit applications for the project team.
- Prepare project status, technical, and acquisition reports for the project team and/or client management.
- Responsible for document preparation and control, meeting agendas and other various project related activities.
- Assist with subcontractor management including, reviewing contracts, invoices and change orders.
- Assist in presenting in public involvement meetings.
- Perform project planning, budgeting, scheduling activities and establishing critical project objectives within project parameters.
- Ensure compliance with company and site safety policies.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field. Applicable experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- Minimum of 4 years Right of Way acquisition, relocation, and eminent domain experience, project management and/or real estate experience preferred.
- SR/WA designation or other certifications from the international Right of Way Association (IRWA) preferred.
- Real Estate Broker or Sales license preferred.
- Ability to read and understand title and appraisal reports and land surveys.
- Demonstrated knowledge of general real estate law.
- Demonstrated understanding of real estate title work.
- Demonstrated ability to work as an effective team member.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated presentation skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Experience with database system management.
- Must be proficient in the use of computer software (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Valid driver's license required. Must meet standards to qualify for and maintain the Company's vehicle driving privileges as outlined in the Company's Motor Vehicle Safety Policy.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.