Staff Telecommunications Engineer
108 Leigus Rd Wallingford, CT 06492 US
Our Client's Transmission & Distribution global practice is looking for a Telecommunications Engineer to serve as a lead engineer on telecommunications projects. The Telecommunications Engineer will be responsible for the design and coordination of the successful construction and turn up of telecommunications network equipment and associated subsystems.
Major responsibilities for the Telecommunications Engineer will include:
- Designing and coordinating construction of telecommunications infrastructure utilizing client standards and/or developing new standards. Project deliverables may include:
- Bill of materials
- Equipment plans, sections and details
- Wiring diagrams
- Cable lists
- Device configuration files
- Network architecture diagrams
- Channel plans
- RF path studies
- Scope of work documents
- Provide support to customers in field of expertise.
- Assist in the creation of a telecommunications engineering design training program
- Work with the project manager to establish project schedule and lead the engineering team to meet deadlines.
- Coordinate engineering, contracting and project execution with the Burns & McDonnell construction management team and field staff.
- Identify, communicate and resolve issues on projects as needed.
- Execute complex assignments requiring the use of advanced tools and techniques, resulting in the development of new or improved processes, equipment and/or technological methods.
- Provide leadership, guidance and instruction to less experienced staff members.
- Work closely with the project team to ensure deliverables and services are being provided to client’s satisfaction and that projects are following internal QA/QC guidelines.
- Perform design quality reviews.
- Regularly meet and correspond with clients or outside personnel to develop relationships with key client points of contact.
- Prepare proposals and assist in presentations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or related degree from an ABET accredited program or Bachelor of Science in Electrical or related Engineering Technology from an ABET accredited program and successful completion of Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
- Master of Science degree in Engineering may be substituted for one year of experience.
- 3 years of experience in telecommunication infrastructure construction projects.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be capable of applying intensive and diversified knowledge of principles and practices to broad areas of assignments.
- Professional Engineering (PE) registration preferred.
- Previous consulting experience preferred.
- Previous utility company experience preferred.
- Previous construction experience preferred.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.