Staff Transmission Line Design Engineer
8911 N. Capital of Texas Hwy. Building 3, Suite 3100 Austin, TX 78759 US
Our Clients Austin office has an exciting opportunity in our Transmission and Distribution Group for a Transmission Engineer. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Providing technical leadership for overhead transmission design teams on projects ranging from 69kV to 500kV
- Mentoring, coaching, and developing team members
- Independently executing design work with engineering judgment
- Performing quality reviews
- Identify and communicate changes to project scope to engineering lead and project manager
- Providing input and adhering to project schedules
- Understanding project budget
- Identifying and communicating of technical risks associated with projects
- Identifying, developing, and communicating processes and tools to increase efficiency across team and department
- Creating, improving, facilitating and teaching training courses to the project team and department
- Other duties as assigned
- The ideal candidate will be able to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external clients and improve the performance of project teams.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or related degree from an ABET accredited program or Bachelor of Science in Civil or related Engineering Technology from an ABET accredited program and successful completion of Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
- Master of Science degree in Civil Engineering may be substituted for 1 year experience.
- 3 years of transmission engineering experience, consulting preferred.
- Successful completion (i.e.passing) FE or EIT preferred.
- Strong knowledge in standard civil/structural engineering techniques and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work methodically and analytically in a quantitative problem-solving environment and demonstrated critical thinking skills.
- Strong computer skills (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite)
- Strong computer skills (e.g. AutoCAD, MicroStation, BIM (Revit), Civil 3D, PLS, PLS-CADD, RISA-3D, MathCADD), and/or hydraulic, hydrologic, pavement, transmission analysis programs.
- Strong attention to detail, facilitation, team building, collaboration, organization and problem-solving skills.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.