Structural Bridge Engineer
9115 Harris Corners Parkway Harris Corners Two Suite 420 Charlotte, NC 28269 US
STRUCTURAL BRIDGE ENGINEER MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with team with structural analysis and/or design of bridges (including steel beam, prestressed concrete beam, concrete slab, pedestrian bridges, culverts, retaining walls, grade separations, stream crossings, bridge rehabilitations, railroad bridges, and design-build pursuits).
- Lead small bridge projects and help coordinate tasks.
- Assist teams from other offices on structural bridge design projects.
- Mentor junior engineers and perform quality control for structure plan sets
- Write technical memorandums, specifications, feasibility studies, evaluations, and reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering (with Structural emphasis) required.
- North Carolina PE license is a plus.
- 5-10 years of bridge/culvert design experience, required.
- NCDOT bridge design experience and thorough understanding of NCDOT guidelines, procedures, and plan preparation.
- Relationships with NCDOT, NC municipalities and other DOTs, preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications and Manual for Bridge Evaluation.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.