Structural Design Technician
Greenville, SC 29602 US
- Advanced working knowledge of Intergraph SmartPlant 3D.
- Technical school with CAD and structural drafting/design focus.
- Demonstrated experience in drafting/design of steel and reinforced concrete.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite software including MS Teams for remote coordination.
- Excellent conceptual and design process skills and fluency in 3D modeling.
- Proficiency in either, or both, of the following CAD software applications: AutoCad or Microstation.
- Typical travel requirement to various clients sites for this role is estimated at 10% to 20% of the time. During Covid-19, travel will be discretionary, and the company will promote safety and flexibility for all their employees during this time.
While working under the direction of the Lead Structural, you' ll be responsible for preparing detailed construction drawings for steel and reinforced concrete structures using structural specifications, engineering calculations, sketches, detailed drawings, and design information according to project standards and procedures.
You will be a key team member in coordinating with other discipline designers such as mechanical, electrical, piping and project team members to ensure a complete and timely production of drawing packages, spreadsheets, and databases to document information related to design.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.