Jacksonville, VA 32212 US
- Provide independent, timely and professional specialized structural engineering support, services and consultation for the planning, design, construction, and maintenance of facilities for the Navy, Marine Corps, and other Supported Commands, including minor works projects, specific projects, special projects, military construction (MILCON), demolition, maintenance, space utilization and facilities development.
- Participate in conferences with project stakeholders and collaborates with other engineering and architectural disciplines to ensure system coordination and integration with specific project requirements.
- Expert in advanced structural engineering concepts, principles, and practices as they apply to a wide range of shore facilities, including piers, housing, medical facilities, and aviation facilities.
- Is an expert in advanced structural engineering concepts, principles, and practices as they apply to a wide range of waterfront facilities, including piers, bulkheads, quays and dry-dock facilities.
- Mastery level knowledge and skill in applying, advanced theories, concepts, and principles of structural engineering. Ability to apply new developments or experimental theories in structural engineering to problems not readily treatable by conventionally accepted methods.
- Applies engineering skills to effectively assess customer's requirements and develop innovative solutions.
- In depth knowledge of DOD and Navy guides, specifications, criteria and policy, industry codes and standards, and standard practices as related to civil/structural engineering design.
- In depth knowledge of local, state, federal, and foreign country laws, codes, and other statutory requirements affecting structural engineering design throughout the NAVFAC AOR.
- Knowledge of related architectural and engineering fields and their associated impacts as related to structural engineering design.
- Knowledge and experience with Autodesk software, Microsoft Office products, structural engineering design and analysis software and other applicable DoD computer systems and software used by the Command.
- Ability to produce results of analysis in writing and consolidate findings of others and evaluate recommendations and facts. Ability to make oral presentations of proposed designs and results of studies.
- Knowledge of budgeting, planning and project management techniques, including the ability to coordinate the work of others and lead teams.
- Knowledge of and full compliance with Safety Policy and Guidance and use of personal protective equipment.
- Buildings - building construction is about 70% of the workload
- Bridges/Piers/Dry Docks/Bulk Heads - this comprised about 20% of the workload
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE) in the discipline of civil or structural engineering is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of professional civil engineering - structural code compliant facilities design experience for new construction, including renovation design experience, is required.
- Completion of a course of studies accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineers and Technology (ABET) for a civil engineering program from a college or university for a bachelor's or master's degree in civil engineering with emphasis in structural engineering, supplemented by a considerable amount of hands-on facilities design experience, is required.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.