Structural Engineering Technician 3
11401 Lamar Avenue Overland Park, KS 66211 US
- Continues to learn and apply standards, systems, document control, departmental guides and policies and procedures
- Ensures that deliverables are accurate and compliant by continually developing knowledge of the Quality Program
- Demonstrates personal accuracy and supports continuous improvement and change management efforts
- Broadens knowledge of the applications required to modify and develop less complex deliverables based on a variety of design inputs
- May assist with minor computations such as material quantity estimates and dimensional checks
- May assist in coordinating deliverables with other groups involved on the same project to minimize interference or errors
- Minimum of 3 years related work experience
- Must have structural engineering experience
- Preferably experience with Autodesk Revit and Bluebeam software
- Intermediate knowledge of Computer Automated Drafting Design (CADD) or other applications or design or modeling skills
- Basic knowledge of engineering standards, systems, document control, departmental guides and policies and procedures
- Basic ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned
- Basic industry knowledge and technology trends
- Diploma or Certificate preferred.
- Associate Degree in Drafting or an Engineering Design Related Technology preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years related work experience.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.