Structural Engineering Technician 4
11401 Lamar Avenue Shawnee Mission, KS 66211 US
The Virtual Design & Data Solutions (VDDS) Engineering Technician 4 functions in a senior level engineering technician capacity. With minimal supervision, performs advanced functions requiring knowledge and use of electronic applications, standards, and document control processes/procedures in support of creating and modifying deliverables. May provide technical guidance and direction to other engineering professionals including delegation of work assignments.
Preferred Non-Technical Skills:
- Drive for results, self-development, listening, informing, dealing with ambiguity, priority setting, planning, delegation
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Experience with Computer Automated Drafting Design (CADD) or other applications for design or modeling skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of engineering standards, systems, document control, departmental guides and policies and procedures.
- Intermediate industry knowledge and technology trends. Intermediate knowledge of company quality program.
- Intermediate ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned.
- Basic knowledge of construction and constructability practices and principles.
- Basic knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides related to assigned engineering discipline.
- Diploma or Certificate preferred. Associate Degree in Drafting or an Engineering Design Related Technology preferred.
- Typically, a minimum of 5-year related work experience.
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Excellent time management
- Team building
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Diploma or Certificate preferred.
- Associate Degree in Drafting or an Engineering Design Related Technology preferred.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.