Structural Project Enigineer
Chicago and St. Louis Chicago, IL 60661 US
Our perfect candidate is a motivated problem-solver who is detail oriented, a clear and consistent communicator that exhibits flexibility to work on multiple projects and changing client expectations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform engineering and design calculations, equipment and construction specifications and procurement documents.
- Ability to read and interpret plans, sketches and specifications.
- Possess strong analytical skills with the ability to resolve complex technical issues.
- Ability to respond to common technical inquiries or questions from the client, or members of the project team.
- Confer with Project Manager and senior project staff to ascertain coordination, completeness, and accuracy of critical technical requirements.
- Perform specific work assignment in accordance with established and modified progress schedules and within prescribed budgets.
- Capable of being assigned all sized, more complicated projects and performing all design tasks with very limited supervision.
- Track and document individual labor costs and monitor budgetary costs associated with their work.
- Follow and abide by the DMA employee and safety manuals.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (SharePoint, OneDrive, Outlook, etc.) and Document Control Management Software.
- A typical employee would possess a Bachelors’ Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering or equivalent education from a four-year college in the field of Engineering and a minimum of two-five years’ experience in design, management, or construction of Engineering Projects.
- COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- Exhibit good verbal and written communication skills.
- Be detail oriented, adaptable and enthusiastic.
- Exhibit flexibility to work on multiple projects and react to changing client expectations.
- Be able to take direction and function independently.
- Ability to write technical reports, memos, or other correspondences that conform to prescribed style and format of the client and of the firm.
- Ability to effectively present information to the management, the client or potential clients.
- Participate and become an active part of a project team.
- Certificate, licensing or registration are desired, but not a requirement.
- Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) License, Engineer in Training (EIT)
- Professional Engineer (PE) License is desirable.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.