Substation Electrical CAD Technician
200 W. Adams St, Suite 2700 Chicago, IL 60606 US
- The Electrical CAD Technician will assist technical teams of detailers, designers and engineers to create world class detail on a variety of projects. This position will assist in developing computer-aided drafting design solutions.
- Assist with preparing drawings and revising existing engineering drawings of basic components from specific sketches or layouts.
- Assist with preparing and revising plot drawings.
- Responsible for adhering to company and client drafting standards and procedures.
- Responsible for adhering to the drafting practices of selected discipline.
- Assist in drafting design and documentation for various projects.
- Assist with tasks utilizing standard drafting detail programs.
- Assist in continuous drafting detail improvement efforts.
- Research solutions to project concerns and recommend solutions to design problems.
- Assist with ad hoc projects as assigned by managers.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma and course work in drafting technology or specialized CAD certification or 1-year relevant drafting experience. Associate's or Bachelor of Science degree in drafting and/or design technology. Bachelor's degree in ANY Engineering field is NOT allowed for this role EXCEPT for Engineering Technology.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Basic knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office programs, including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Self-motivated and eager learner, aptitude to grow and develop within the field.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without requiring future sponsorship for employment visa status.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.