Substation Physical Specialist 3
300 Primera Blvd #300 Lake Mary, FL 32746 US
Our client is looking for a Substation Physical Specialist III that will be reporting to a Team Lead. This position offers you the opportunity to work in a project team environment with other engineers and designers involved in the detailed electrical design and project management of high voltage substation projects. The candidate should have experience in the areas of air/gas insulated substation engineering & design from the 13kV to 500kV levels, specifically within the Substation Physical discipline. Candidate must be a hands-on problem solver with the technical inclination to discern complex data and work as part of a growing team
Your Key Responsibilities
- Has preliminary understanding of other disciplines such a protection & control, civil/structural and environmental.
- Has solid understanding of substation physical project scope and deliverables.
- Capable of producing control building layouts, substation general arrangement, cable and conduit plans, line arrangement, grounding plan, sections, details, auxiliary AC/DC power distribution diagrams, bill of material, cable schedule, etc.
- Review and accept vendor submittals based upon conformity to and compliance with applicable technical specifications and industry standards.
- Provide construction support including resolving site queries through RFI and/or submittal process, attending site meetings and performing site inspections during the construction phase of projects.
- Incorporate substation studies in detailed design.
- Prepare Construction and Review packages
- Work closely with other disciplines to produce complete station drawings and package.
- Mentor junior engineers, designers, and drafters on the substation physical discipline.
- Perform QA/QC and peer review on design packages.
- Contribute actively to technical communication with internal/external stakeholders and vendors.
- Plan, organize and coordinate assignments that may require junior staff involvement.
- Provide regular progress updates related to deliverables on project to the client or Project Manager.
- Ensure that Design Practices are followed as they relate to their Practice/Discipline deliverables, and they act as a focal point for the Project Practice/Discipline Team Members.
- Bachelor’ s Degree from an accredited university
- Minimum of 5 years of consulting engineering and/or direct power delivery experience executing projects with increasing level of complexity.
- PE license eligibility preferred.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and develop strong relationships.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, along with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments.
- Ability to work closely with Senior Engineer/Leads to meet with project timelines for engineering deliverables
- Ability to understand client specific requirements (standards & specifications) and applicable codes & regulations for preparing substation physical packages.
- Proficient with MS Office tools; familiarity with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.