Substation Planner III
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830 US
Experience: Must have greater than 10 years of experience performing transmission line or substation maintenance and/or construction work. A planner will plan and schedule all activities associated with line/substation construction and maintenance. Incumbents are expected to have complex skills and the ability to work independently and lead construction and maintenance activities scheduling calls of any complexity.
Minimum supervision required: The planner is expected to have proficient working knowledge in the installation, maintenance, and operation of the following: Line Planner - Transmission line structures and wire, transmission line switches, and associated equipment and facilities
Substation Planner - Substation equipment such as transformers, regulators circuit breakers, switches, instrument transformers. As well as above grade and below grade facilities, structures, and associated equipment and facilities .
This position will be responsible for planning and sequencing complex construction and maintenance activities, including equipment outage sequence, temporary facilities installations. Incumbents are expected to have complex technical skills and interpersonal skills to ensure safe and productive project execution. Incumbents will also be responsible for coordinating with Transmission, Distribution, and Generation leadership, and resolving technical matters. This position supports project management and project teams with responsibility for developing and defining the project construction plan for area of expertise.
Must demonstrate basic computer skills. Responsible to practice and set an example of safe project planning and scheduling. Must possess good communication skills, including working with others to create good working conditions. Support of corporate, group, department and unit goals with conduct instrumental in projecting a proper image for our client and its employees. Self-motivated with good leadership qualities that include good planning and scheduling decision making skills.
- Has professional safety behavior and holds high expectation of others to work safely and follow safe work practices
- Has expert verbal communications skills and the use of 3-way communications, concurrent and independent verification
- Can review and critique isolation procedures and project sequencing
- Can provides peer level technical support for line and/or substation maintenance or construction
- Can remain focused under internal and external pressures, is resilient to conflict, leads team while under pressure and ensures all distractions are eliminated
- Can plan and sequence any construction or maintenance activities, within any station, no matter the sensitivity and complexity
- Has working knowledge and experience at installing, commissioning, testing and troubleshooting line/substation facilities
- Can lead teams to ensure paperwork and files are accurate and submitted in timely fashion with no issues
- Can lead other planners in organization, develop and execute a procedure, and develop work plans to complete a task with error free performance
- Has working knowledge of line and substation engineering and equipment database systems of record, to be able to identify and understand equipment information required for work planning
- Can identify Clearance boundary requirements for performance of work, including recognizing and mitigating risks associated with close margins and contingency scenarios, and including becoming Switching and Tagging qualified to submit Clearance Requests/Outage Requests/Hot Line Tag
- Complete understanding of NERC compliance and importance for accurate data and timely completion
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.