Supply Chain Specialist
333 Lakeside Drive Foster City, CA 94404 US
We are seeking a highly motivated employee to join us as a Logistics and Transportation Supply Chain Specialist (contractor) as part of the Pharmaceutical and Biologics Operations team. This individual will work collaboratively with their manager and the Clinical Supply Chain Management team to facilitate the logistics of clinical materials globally, and Gilead contract manufacturing partners for global transportation of intermediate and finished goods to support continued supply of products to our patients.
- Under supervision, assists processing of clinical supply shipments and reconcile inventory at depots
- Works collaboratively with other members of Logistics and CSCM to ensure on time delivery of all clinical shipments
- Reports shipment related incidents and site excursions to the Investigational Core Team and raises problem report (PR) in Quality System
- Maintains GDP, GMP, and global trade compliance.
- Collaborates with external partners to ensure on-time delivery of all clinical shipments.
- Follows SOPs/work instruction and maintain training; support revision of SOPs/WI's as requested.
- Other duties/tasks pertaining to clinical supply logistics
Knowledge, Experience, and skills
- Knowledge of import/export and GDP.
- Developing collaboration, influencing and negotiation skills to work effectively with internal cross-functional group and external suppliers to meet all logistical needs
- Learning to work with ambiguity with manager's support within Gilead's culture and expectations for clinical timelines
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills are required
- Strong computer, database and organizational skills required.
- Be able to manage the resources and timelines for tasks
- Working relationships with trucking companies and international freight forwarders highly desirable
- 2+ years of relevant experience in related field and a BS or BA; or
- 1+ years of relevant experience and a MA/MBA.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.