Survey Project Manager
2430 Rochester Court Troy, MI 48083 US
Our Client, who is a Mid-sized consulting firm that specializes in Civil Engineering, Land Surveying and Landscape Architecture, is looking for a Survey Project Manager. The Project Manager is responsible for managing multiple projects for internal and external clients. Projects include the management of survey related tasks for our industrial, commercial, residential, and energy/utility clients.
- Consults with clients to determine survey specifications, equipment required, estimated costs and schedule.
- Leads and/or provides support for the development of project proposals.
- Defines project tasks, schedule and resource requirements.
- Establishes goals for the projects and assists with achievement of QA/QC goals.
- Provides leadership and management of the day-to-day operational activities for the preparation of survey drawings and deliverables.
- Coordinates with field and office staff for project development and project delivery.
- Manages project budget and analyzes project profitability and revenue.
- Facilitates team meetings with project team and evaluates the project.
- Prepares client-billing information on assigned projects and manages collections on outstanding accounts receivable balances.
- Identifies additional scope and revenue opportunities that relate to the project and participates in business development activities.
- Prepares and/or reviews and signs project contracts, change orders, and manages project scope in general.
- Provides on-going communication with the client related to the project.
- Mentors PEA staff and cultivates strong working relationships with clients.
- Performs other duties assigned.
Formal Education, Licenses and Certifications
- Bachelor’ s Degree in Land Surveying, Geomatics or equivalent
- Registration as a Professional Surveyor
Knowledge and Experience
- Strong knowledge of land surveying principles and practices
- Strong understanding of AutoCAD Civil 3D and Microsoft Office Suite
- 8-10 years of land surveying experience showing progressively increasing responsibility
Competencies and Personal Attributes
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff and multi? discipline projects.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain strong relationships with clients, possess the desire to develop new clients, and expand the services of existing clients.
- Effective written and verbal communication is necessary and independent judgment is essential.
- Self? motivated and the ability to motivate others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to function effectively in teamwork environment.
- Ability to work on several projects concurrently, prioritize work load and cope with tight timelines to meet all deadlines without compromising quality.
- Good mentoring skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; complete assigned tasks efficiently and exercise sound engineering judgment.
- Strong attention to detail and has an aptitude for noticing small errors on engineering designs.
- Strong understanding of financial management.
- Strong well-developed conflict resolution skills and ability to focus on client satisfaction.
- Possess the ability to change focus quickly during a typical day.
Although this hasn't been an issue at The Planet Group, the staffing industry has seen an increase in people falsely representing themselves as recruiters to gather personal information from job seekers. For your safety, do not provide sensitive data to anyone you have not spoken with thoroughly and never provide banking information during the application process. Candidate safety is a top priority at The Planet Group.